Monday, April 23, 2012

The results are in

Hey all, a quick update from the race this weekend.

First to get it out of the way, I did not finish third.  Neither did blue coat girl though, so while she may have taken the award, she must have been doing it for someone else.  Three women finished in front of me, and third place was about 45 seconds ahead.  One woman finished 4 seconds behind me and that was undoubtedly blue coat girl.

Next, and more exciting is an update to my finishing time.  My GUN time was 27:01!  9 seconds faster then I had figured out my finish time to be.  (I had forgot to stop my garmin when I crossed the finish line, so I was just guessing based on when my pace dropped.)  If this had been a chip timed race, I easily would be able to record a time under 27 minutes.  :)

5 comments:

  1. So there's your next goal! I'd be thrilled to be so close to the podium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks... 45 seconds! So close. But still a decent race for you. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot for sub 27! (and for beating blue coat girl) :-)

    ReplyDelete