Thursday, February 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I'm getting sick again.

Normally I blame my plague carriers (aka children), but they aren't even sick yet. It's just a cold at least. I plan to train through it, as long as it feels like it's in my head, not chest. I may go a little easier, and I won't be doing any 5am runs till I'm up getting better. I'm finally learning how much of a difference sleep makes both to my training and general health.

2. Speaking of sleep, I'm getting screwed again.

My son took THREE years before he started sleeping through the night somewhat regularly. My daughter took 1.5 years. I paid my dues in the sleep deprivation department and I'd argue that I paid a couple other parents' dues for them as well. I've had fairly regular sleep for almost a year now, and I guess the sleep fairies have decided that's it.

The reason is potty training, which I realize I can't complain about too much. Getting rid of diapers is nice. Most nights, one or both of my children need to get up to go to the bathroom. Of course, they don't simply do it. They make very sure I am awake. How many years before they'll go to the bathroom on their own without waking me up?

3. I'm spending a lot of money on fruit.

These days, I don't find myself satisfied with the normal (less expensive) fruits like apples, bananas and oranges. Currently in my kitchen, I also have a pineapple, mangoes, and kiwis. Last night, we also ate some very out of season, imported strawberries. Perhaps it's the cold weather that is making me crave these tropical delights. I love them though. They might cost more, but a trip through a tim hortons drive thru would also cost me - both financially and hip size. I'll enjoy my expensive mangoes in the middle of winter.

5 comments:

  1. I can very much relate to you. I'm just getting over a terrible cold, it sucked the life out of me, lol! I hope yours is speedy for you.
    My children also do not sleep through the night and I am daily sleeping in my daughters bed by morning and she is in mine? (she is afraid of her bed, its apparently spooky)
    And I am notorious for still buying strawberries, raspberries and all those yummy summer fruits!But I agree better than other things I could be eating and the kids love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the fruit. Blueberries are on sale at our store and I bought a bunch. I'm going through them like candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the mandarin oranges! I could eat those all year round. I am so sick of apples and bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sick too. (Yeah I'm telling anyone and everyone who will listen.)

    Oh fruit makes me so happy! The sweeter the better too - pineapple, YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to plunk down extra coinage on out of season fruit. I like what I like and I like to have when I want to have it. Seasons be fooled.

    Get Well!

    ReplyDelete