Friday, March 18, 2011

It's a good thing I was ahead on my training...

...because I just seem to be getting sick time after time after time.

I thought I was going to build up to 24 or 25 km (15 - 15.5 mi) prior to my half marathon. Now, I have already run 18km (11.2mi) a few times, but I fear I won't get my mileage much beyond that. It may end up being an accomplishment if I can even get back up to it...

What I thought was *just* a cold seems to be more then that.

It hit me hard shortly before lunch. Right now, I feel like I could collapse at any moment. In fact, I've spent the last couple hours in a somewhat collapsed stage. I've been laying in my bed while my kids play suprisingly well. I can barely get them fed, let alone do anything entertaining or fun with them.

Yeah, cheese, crackers and banana for lunch. Not exactly winning any mommy awards with that one.

Running? Yeah, definitely not happening today. I better be feeling a lot better if I'm going to manage a long run before the weekend's out.

Best laid plans...

A month ago, I probably could have run a half marathon. I only hope I can get myself back to that state in another month.

Seriously, what are your immune boosters? I know the handwashing one. But what else do you do to avoid getting sick? (Shipping off the 2.5 and 4 year old plague carriers is not an option.)

2 comments:

  1. Cold FX and echinacea for sure. I also get an immune booster shot from the naturopath that has worked wonders over the last few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitamin C and B!!! I also started an immune booster + B12 shot from a naturo. Not sure if it works yet but fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete