Sunday, March 20, 2011

My mind is ahead of my body...

...and I think it's a good thing.

The last couple months, I've been almost constantly sick. It's been hitting me hard, both mentally and physically. I've been feeling lethargic and tired so often, even in the brief spaces between illnesses.

Today, I am wanting to get out there and be active, but I know I can't yet. I'm pretty much exhausted by walking across my house. It probably doesn't help that my stomach still feels off and I'm not eating much. The run that I had hoped for today isn't likely to happen.

But the thing is, I feel like I'm getting my motivation back. I'm getting excited about being able to run, bike and swim. I've been having a hard time pushing myself lately and going through the motions. Now, I feel like I have to hold myself back - but just for a little bit longer.

I have my drive back and I'm not going to waste it.

Now, if I can just avoid any more colds and flus and gastro bugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment