So, today's weight on the scale was 194.2, for a weekly loss of 0.6 and a total loss of 49.2. I'm not happy with that loss, but I'm not devastated by it either.
When I decided to restart my weight loss, I pledged to track all my food and watch my calorie intake. The first week, things got away from me and I never started doing it. I still lost over 2 pounds. The next week, it didn't really happen either, and I still had a respectable loss of over a pound. This week, it's caught up to me. Since I only want to be in weight loss mode for a few months, I'm going to have to start making it count by actually counting what I eat.
On a not terribly related note, I'm feeling sort of down right now. I've had a couple of hits this week, and there's a couple other things up in the air. I'm a planner, and am frustrated by the lack of my ability to plan.
First off, my husband and I talked about budget and the numbers, and it looks like a coach is not in the cards for next season. Yes, I realize I am not a pro, and I'm never going to place. Having said that, I had really been hoping we could swing it. I know I need to start training smarter. I feel like a coach would help push me in ways I'm afraid to push myself. It's not the end of the world, but I'm going to have to get past the disappointment.
Then, it seems that a lingering soreness is likely shin splints. I've had a tight achey muscle on the inside of my calf for a couple months now, and kept hoping it would go away. I had my husband ask his ART/chiro whether he thinks it's something that can be worked on. He does think it is something that can be worked on, and he also suggested the likelihood of shin splints. Now, I have an appointment for tomorrow, so I hope for a more definitive diagnosis and plan. I just really really hope this doesn't impact my half marathon plans. I am fairly confident that it's not a stress fracture (simply not enough pain), so I seriously hope he doesn't suggest I stop running - even temporarily.
Then there's my whole race schedule for next year. This is one of those things that I just want to come into place so I know what I'm working towards. I'd been planning on doing Calgary 70.3, but while the date has been announced, there's been no further information about it and it's not on the ironman website. I'm worried it may not be happening.
Of course, there's also the fact that it's the day after my cousin's wedding. Is it crazy to do a half ironman the day after attending a wedding? I would have no trouble leaving early; we have kids, so probably would be anyways. Besides, I'm not that much of a late night person. I think we even left our own wedding before midnight.
Then there's the fact that the other half-iron I considered is likely to fill up anytime. So, if I wait, but it turns out the Calgary one isn't running, I'll be left scrambling.
Meh, what a whiny annoying post! Now, I've had my whine, I'll start coming up with a plan to deal with all my frustrations. Wish me luck with that appointment tomorrow! That's the biggest thing weighing on me right now...