Monday, January 25, 2010

Wasting food

Just a quick thought for today before I head to an early bedtime. I have one child teething right now and the other potty training (aka peeing his pants alot). It's exhausting.

Many times in the past, I've eaten something because I didn't want to waste food. I'm sure many of you have as well. We're taught not to waste it because, after all, there are starving children in Africa.

The thing is though, if you eat something you don't need, it's wasted anyways. Only now, it's wasted on your hips and you're going to have to work that much harder to get it off.

Just something to think about next time you're trying not to waste food. Either pack it up and put it in the fridge/freezer for later, or toss it in the garbage. Seriously.

5 comments:

  1. amen...those lil bites always bite me in the butt!
    9/10 if i pack it up for later for one of the kids, it ends up in the trash in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not wanting to waste helps me plan alot better. Eventually you will have less and less food go into the garbage. :)

    ReplyDelete