Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Well, since I like to talk about breaking past barriers...

Over a year ago, when I was a new runner, I wrote this post.  At the time, I was slightly horrified at the fact that I had found myself to be a spitter.

I'm proud to announce that I no longer have any hang-ups about spitting.  If I need to, I will, as long as I'm outside.  (I do restrain myself from spitting while running on the track.)  In fact, given I'm still getting over a cold, spitting just goes along with running right now.

Now, snot rockets, that I can't get the hang of...

Do you do anything that your "old" self would be horrified by?

Yesterday's HBBC points: 0 (yes, I even missed the f/v point.  On the plus side, I'm earning lots today.)
Week to date points: 20

3 comments:

  1. Mostly am amazed that I am even TRYING to belong to this crazy world of triathlon. I haven't done much that my old self would be horrified by yet, but maybe the fact that I've even CONSIDERED trying to figure out how to pee on my bike someday is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - yes - rolling out of bed and taking my dog for a run - hair in a ponytail, no makeup and fuzzy teeth. The old, sedentary me always had perfect makeup and hair before leaving the house and would have been horrified at this. I like this better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The day I finally embraced snot rockets CHANGED MY LIFE! Now I'm addicted and have a hard time restraining when I am running with people. Yikes!

    Pst, tagged you in today's post: http://marleneontherun.com/2011/11/24/blackjack-21-things/

    ReplyDelete