So, I've decided to change the way I categorize and review my goals a little bit. I'm going to break them into the categories of: diet, activity, and life. This will help me keep a balance to my goals, and I think focusing on all of those areas is key to weight loss and health.
I'm also going to do a quick review of my goals weekly, when I post my weigh in. With the monthly assessment, it seems too easy to fall into an all or nothing mentality. Looking back at August, I didn't meet over half my goals. Yet, at the same time, I think it was a good month. I think it will help to celebrate my successes more often and consider strategies to overcome my difficulties sooner.
Having said that, here are my goals for September:
1. Track everything I eat. (I use Sparkpeople to track my food.)
2. Stay within my calorie range.
3. Get enough calcium. (Calcium is one of the nutrients I track, and am almost always low on.)
1. Run my 5K race, set a personal best, and finish with a smile on my face.
2. Bike at least 3 times a week, with at least 2 of those being challenging rides.
3. Restart the 100 pushups program and stick with it through the month.
(I haven't formally included my run or swim workouts in my goals. These have reached the point of being ingrained and I will still be doing them.)
1. Keep my dishes caught up and my kitchen clean.
2. Unpack one box from the storage room each week. (We moved a year ago, and still have a lot of stuff in boxes.)
So, bring on September!