Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2, You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things about Myself
1. I am not a winter person. I never did any winter sports growing up. Despite the fact I live near the mountains, I didn't even learn to ski until I was 24 (when I met my now husband). Convincing myself to run through the winter was a big step for me.
2. By nature, I am an introvert, but I have put serious effort into making myself more extroverted.
3. I have great skin and always have. I had hardly any pimples as a teenager. Now that I'm a bit older, I've realized I should moisturize it more though.
4. I am a killer monopoly player. I take no mercy.
5. There is no place where I feel more peace then in the midst of the mountains.
6. I like almost every vegetable - except radishes and turnips. I'll still eat them though.
7. I only eat natural peanut butter now (the stuff that is only peanuts). Since switching, I find that the processed kind turns my stomach. It's not the same thing at all.
8. Growing up, I never ever thought I'd become a stay at home mom. Now, I can't imagine life any other way.
9. I rarely get my hair cut. It's been about 2 years.
10. I am very tall (5'11). I like being tall, but I wish it was easier to buy clothes for my height. And, since I have hips, buying men's clothes is not an option.
11. As much as I would like to buy more food locally, I have a soft spot for tropical fruit. Pineapples and mangoes are never "in season" where I live, so I will never follow a 100 mile type diet.
1. How many languages do you speak? What are they?
Basically one - English. I used to be able to speak French, and I know the odd (Dora style) word in Spanish.
2. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
I sleep on the right. We switched it for a little while when Spud was a baby because it worked better with our room set up. Drove me crazy.
3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
A morning person. I'd way rather be up for a 5am run then still awake at midnight.
4. What's your biggest time waster?
Ummm. My blog?
5. Mac or PC?
6. Can you drive a standard transmission car?
Yes. It's all I've ever owned, and I still try to clutch when I drive an automatic.
7. Where did you go on your last trip?
The iceline and whaleback trails with my husband.
8. What's your favourite game (board or video)?
I like playing cards.
9. Did you play any sports growing up?
I played soccer in Junior High. I was pretty good on defense.
10. What's your favourite number and why?
Truthfully, I don't think I have one.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
New Zealand. ;) Or Canmore.
1. if you could be any superhero, which would you be?
Not quite a superhero, but I'm going to go with the blue chick that could shape change in the Xmen. I won't be evil though.
2. if you could be on any TV show, which one would it be?
I don't watch much tv, other then a couple reality shows. I used to really want to be on Survivor. I'm Canadian though, so not eligible. It would be cool to be on the Kona broadcast...
3. if you had to take either a calculus or physics class, which one would it be?
I'll go with calculus.
4. what is your favorite and must have beauty product?
Right now, my flat iron. It has solved my frizzy haired reality.
5. do you burp or fart in front of your significant other?
6. who said I love you first in your relationship?
7. if you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? (if you are married of course!)
I have great memories of my wedding. Looking back, the only thing that sticks out as a big annoyance is the bartender that smoked right outside the doors after we had announced that we would prefer the deck to be a smoke free zone.
8. who is your blogging idol?
Oh man. I'm not going to pick one. There's a couple of "bigger" bloggers that I love to follow. But, I really connect with some other bloggers that I feel like I relate to.
9. if you could do anything better, what would it be? (ie: run faster, become a better cook or baker, etc)
I wish swimming came more naturally to me. I've seen huge improvements, but I've had to work very hard and put in a lot of time to become a fairly middle of the pack swimmer.
10. have you ever peed in the shower?
11. do you get embarrassed really easily?
Not particularly. And when I am embarrassed, I'll act like I'm not. It makes me feel somewhat less embarrassed.
This is where I cheat and don't finish the rest. These games are fun and easy to pass on when they first pop up, but by now, most everyone has been tagged. It's kind of like a pyramid scheme; at some point it collapses, and I seem to be one of those points. ;)