Thursday, January 19, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. The rainbow has seven colours: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.  Basically the colours all blend together.  Here's my question though: Why is there a recognized colour between blue and violet (indigo) but nothing between green and blue (such as aquamarine or turquoise)?

2. I'm sick again.  I think it's a different sickness, and I was doing fine and training through it at first, but now I'm back to taking it easy.  I also can't talk, and I can't tell you how frustrating it is to parent two preschool aged children when I can't make my voice heard across a small room, or over the sounds they make.

3. I'd like to thank you all for your support in the quest to get me an endless pool.  :)  I find it amusing that I even got an endless pool representative commenting on the post.  It's not actually a possibility though.  I don't really want to give up an entire room in my basement to house it.  Besides which, swimming is one of my more social workouts.  Even if I have to venture outside to get to the pool, I don't actually have to stay outside to swim.  I can do it even when it's cold and it keeps me from being a hermit.  Oh, and my husband said that if you all thought I deserved it so much, that you could contribute to the fund...  ;)

Bonus thing: It actually has warmed up now.  I believe it got up to about -20c (-4f) today.  Now, for some of you, that may still seem really bloody cold, but it was actually a nice relief, and if I was feeling better, I could probably have run outside.

7 comments:

  1. hahah! Funny that endless pool guy found you!

    Darn that bites that your are sick again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably get the "can't talk" kind of sick about once a year. And I have two kids (though not as small anymore, but I've definitely "been there"). May I suggest a WHISTLE? Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually complaining about our pool being cold last week and I live in Hawaii. After reading your post I am ashamed of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in regards to the rainbow I think it's b/c there are actually those colours (wavelengths) that become separated with water - nothing btwn green and blue does. I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those temps are crazy cold! Here in Memphis, we pretty much shut down if it gets below 32 degrees!!!


    And yeah, I want an endless pool also, but a heated one that I can have outside. (Just in case Mr Endless Pool is watching)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you! It was -10 here today when I headed out for my run and I was feeling very, very sorry for myself at first. Was hot and sweaty by 1KM in though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny about the endless pool guy. Did you offer to be a product tester? :-).

    Glad it has warmed up for you, but -4f is still pretty darn cold. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete