Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And then sometimes, you don't get to control the routine...

So, after my last post about getting into the routine, I got taught a very real lesson that sometimes you don't get the control.  This is particularly true if you have any plague factories (aka children) living in the house.

Poor little Sweetpea is sick.  She's running a fever (not high enough to be a dangerous one, thank goodness) and coughing a lot.  So, her going to school?  Nope.  Those swimming lessons this morning?  Not likely.  She's still sleeping and the lesson starts in two hours.  If she miraculously wakes up feeling better, we might go, but I'm not expecting or planning to.

And, I'm feeling really run down.  A lesson for me: I need to get more sleep myself.  I'm not sick (yet), but if I don't get to bed when I get the chance, I'm going to have a heck of a time completing my own training, even when I can get it - which is often, as my husband is wonderful about giving me time in the evenings.  I also have both a treadmill and bike trainer, so I can do a lot without leaving the house.

Now, my picture resolution.  I could not bring myself to take and post a picture of my pathetically sick little girl, so instead, here's a picture of a vegetable thing I've been making lately.

This one has red, yellow, and orange peppers, as well as snow peas, red onions and carrots.

I have not been feeling the raw veggie love lately, so one of my favourite things has been to roast up a bunch of them.  I usually cut them up mid-day sometime, so when supper comes, it's easy to throw together and in the oven.  I toss them with a little olive oil and italian spices, then throw them in at 375 for 30-40 minutes.



6 comments:

  1. Yum! I always looking for an easy recipe to use to make my roasted veggies. I will have to try this! Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roasting veggies makes them soooo good... My fav combo is squash or sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms and onions. Oh I'm getting hungry and that may be what I'm having for dinner!

    Sorry SP is not feeling well...get some sleep and take some vit C and zinc so you don't get it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor sweetpea! hope she's feeling better quickly. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, when your kids are young, it's tough to plan/schedule things. It gets better though, well better in the scheduling department, worse in the cost/drama department.

    BTW, I think peppers are better roasted too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sleep! this is your mother talking... ;)

    poor little thing...hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healing prayers for your little one.

    ReplyDelete