Monday, October 11, 2010

A letter to obesity

Dear Obesity,

We've spent a lot of years together.

I started flirting with you in my early twenties, then entered a relationship with you a few years later. You were there during some of the happiest moments of my life. You were there the day I met my husband. I left you for a while after that, but not long after my wedding day, I came back.

You were there for the birth of both my children and the early years of their life. For most of my five years of marriage, you've been along for the ride.

You hurt me.

Your presence made me question my self worth. Your presence caused me significant physical pain. You made my pregnancies miserable. You gave me trouble breathing and walking.

You were abusive and you threatened my life.

I have left you and I am never coming back.

I've joined your cousin Overweight for a period of time. Feel free to let her know that my stay will be brief. You, on the other hand will never see me again.

Goodbye Obesity.

Stay away from me forever.



This morning I weighed in at 211.4 for a weekly loss of 2.8 and a total loss of 32.4. My BMI is now 29.5, meaning I am overweight. No longer obese.

16 comments:

  1. Awesome, inspired, Thank You..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! I just recently went from obese to "just" overweight also...what a feeling to know you are on the right track. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Congrats Deb!! Way to stick with it and make it a way of life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo!!! A Dear John to Obesity!

    You're right; it rocks!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Congrats to you! And good ridance to obesity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Deb! This is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! way to go! Love the letter...I hope to write a similar one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations Deb!!

    Ms_Married

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! That's so exciting, definitely something to be thankful for. Love the letter too - hang on to it, might be something to read if your motivation ever lessens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! Congratulations. I can't wait to get there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog, and am excited that it was this post that I found.. This is a great idea, and congrats on your last week in obesity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAHOO!!!

    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb, this was a really brave and lovely thing for you to do. Looks like you are heading on the right track...good for you! You are an inspiration. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Deb, this had me in tears! Thank you for this post!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete