Thursday, October 14, 2010

Three things Thursday

1. My want list just got one item shorter.

My wonderful, fantabulous husband bought me my very own Garmin 305. I love it already and it's my new running and bike partner. It was used to track my distance for my 10-10-10 challenge and I've used it for all my runs since I got it. It deserves it's own post, so watch for that next week.

2. I am going away this weekend.

To camp! The babysitting co-op that I am involved with has organized a ladies weekend. So, I get to head off to camp in the nearby rockies to sleep in bunkbeds, hike in the mountains and do the high ropes course. I will admit to one little fear I have: I am afraid that I might not have lost enough weight to fit into the harness for the high ropes course. I'm optimistic, but I am going into it with a prepared attitude. It won't destroy me if I can't.

3. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL here lately.

We've had a better October then August and September. I've been taking advantage of it by going for walks down to the river with the kids and lots of park time. It's still pretty cold in the mornings, but that's just because I'm a crazy lady that runs while it's dark outside.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Garmin...you will love it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice new toy for your fitness pleasure, jealous!

    Enjoy the weekend festivities!

    ReplyDelete